Yesterday I posted a massive post titled Secrets of Hollywood A-Listers: How to Wear a Maxi Dress while Pregnant. It is a complete guide to show you how the celebs dress their bumps in maxi dress and why they always look so good.
Jenna Dewan-Tatum was featured in this post and for good reason. She really know how to dress her bump and look fabulous all of the time. These photographs are no exception.
I love what Jenna has done with this outfit. She’s taken a maxi-dress and transformed it into casual chic day wear. Here’s how she did it:
- Jenna’s maxi-dress is a blank canvas as it is a solid neutral colour in chocolate brown. Solid neutral colours are a great base and by adding a jacket, the look can be transformed from day to night.
- The very low v-neck is still relatively modest and by showing some skin, it makes Jenna look taller and leaner.
- The dress has an empire waistline (meaning that it is fitted just under the bust and flows over the bump) which is a very flattering style during pregnancy as it emphasises the smallest part of your waist (your ‘new waist’).
- The body of the dress is very voluminous – probably the only thing that I would change. I think that Jenna could have had a few inches taken off the bottom to stop it from touching the ground when she walks. But as her pregnancy progresses, her bump will protrude more and the dress will get shorter.
- The denim jacket is not a maternity jacket but Jenna is still able to wear it by leaving it unbuttoned. This is a great way to extend the life of your non-maternity wardrobe well into your pregnancy.
- The denim jacket also dresses down the look – making it suitable for daytime casual wear. This look could easily be transformed to nighttime wear by adding a black bolero jacket or even a black leather jacket or blazer.
- Jenna has kept the accessories very simple with a delicate gold necklace and an oversized black bag. In the summertime, you could swap the denim jacket for a chunky, beaded necklace.
- Jenna has completed the look with a pair of (really high) wedge shoes.
So there you have it – another chic look from Jenna. Don’t you wish that you had her pregnancy wardrobe?
One of the things I’ve always said to my tall, pregnant friends is that short people make for big bumps! Now you may be one of those genetically lucky tall people and are able to find plenty of clothes to accentuate and make you and your bump look amazing. But for those of us that are shorter than the norm, it can be really disheartening and difficult to find clothes to fit our pregnant bodies. So it’s nice to see other short(ish) celebrities with big bumps and to see how they dress their changing bodies.
Kristen Bell has had a lot of pregnancy style winners. The only outfit that I haven’t really liked of hers could have easily been fixed with a belt.
She’s been photographed here in a lilac dress with white spots, a non-maternity denim jacket and beige thongs (that’s flip flops for my American readers). She looks great and her enormous bump looks great as well.
Kristen’s outfit shows us that it is possible to wear certain items from your non-maternity wardrobe right into your third trimester. Jackets that don’t need to be buttoned up are perfect for the whole of your pregnancy. It looks like Kristen’s dress may also be non-maternity. My preference would be to wear a maternity dress this far into your pregnancy if you have a bump like Kristen’s that really sticks out. Only because in the shot below you can see the material is stretched at the side/bottom of her bump.
I read today that the Kardashian family are worth $80 million. Kim’s portion is about half of that – that’s 40 million dollars people! So it shouldn’t come as any surprise that Kim is wearing a $260 J Brand jacket to the gym. To the gym! Jenna Dewan-Tatum has also worn this jacket before.
Aside from the jacket, there’s nothing remarkable about this look. I probably wouldn’t have posted it had it not been for that jacket. Although I’ve said it before – how does Kim exercise with such a low cut top without her b00bs being in agony? I’m sure she must just be sitting on a stationary bike because even walking on a treadmill would too too much, wouldn’t it? Anyway, I’m spending far too much time thinking about this.